Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Q: How do I apply for a job with the City of Rushville?

A: If you’re interested in working for the City of Rushville you may contact the specific department involved (e.g. Street Department, Fire Department or Police Department). The person in charge of that particular department will gladly share with you information regarding job requirements and explain to you the steps involved with applying. General employment questions may be directed to the Mayor’s Executive Assistant Carla Sharpe at City Hall (765-932-3735).

Q: How do I apply for a building permit?

A: Those persons seeking a building permit in the City of Rushville  must contact the City of Rushville Planning and Zoning Office located in City Hall. The phone number is 765-932-3735.

Q: How do I request a street closure?

A: If you would like a section of city street closed for some reason, you should contact Rushville’s Code Enforcement Officer, Rushville Fire Chief Michael Justice. He can be reached at 765-932-3065. Closing a state road such as Main Street, which is actually State Road 3, requires the approval of the Indiana Department of Transportation. Rushville is part of INDOT’s Greenfield district. That phone number is 317-462-7751.

Q: How do I request use of local public facilities, such as one of the city park shelter houses?

A: Most city-owned facilities can be reserved by contacting the Mayor’s Executive Assistant Carla Sharpe at City Hall (765-932-3735). One exception is Waggener Community Pool; to rent it for a private party (in season) call the pool office at 765-932-7100.

Q: How do I request a vacation watch on my home?

A: The Rushville Police Department 765-932-3907 is happy to provide extra patrols near and around your home if you’re going to be away for an extended period of time. Just give them a call and let them know when you plan to leave and when you plan to return.

Q: How do I request street maintenance?

A: The City Council determines when any given street needs to be resurfaced; however, if a troublesome pothole appears or you notice a storm drain near your home is clogged (as examples), complete the Street Maintenance Request Form.